Influencer Marketing in 2019: How to Succeed
Inbassador.io founder and start-up entrepreneur Tamir Israely joined the Magnet Monster crew to share his thoughts on the current trends in Influencer Marketing as well as underused e-commerce strategies.
1) Tamir, what do you think of the current state of Influencer Marketing in 2019?
Influencer marketing is still a growing trend in 2019. However, the sphere becomes competitive with myriad tools and many fake influencers.
It becomes harder and harder for brands to work with influencers that bring positive ROI or have any effect on the bottom line.
Many consider influencer marketing as a form of branding. The truth is that influencer marketing can also have an effect on sales. What the influencer industry is currently lacking is authenticity.
When you scroll on Instagram it is easy to notice paid influencers and ignore their post even though you like their “personality”.
Since the beginning of 2019, we see the shift from macro influencers (more than a million followers) to micro and even nano influencers (people just like you and me).
This shift is an attempt by brands to gain trust among their followers and customers and to find similar people that they can sympathize with.
2) A lot of businesses are still unsure of how to get the most out of ambassadors/influencers. What are the core elements of an effective ambassador strategy?
After analyzing many successful ambassador programs we identified a few crucial elements to implement for your brand:
Like any good plan, always start with setting your objectives. Especially when we talk about ambassador marketing. If your objective is to increase sales, you will build your program differently than you would your objective is to increase your follower count.
- Identify a group of true fans
What we see is that people who know your brand already – whether these are leads, customers or employees – can have a better impact on your objectives, whether these are follower or sales increase. Have I mentioned authenticity?
- Nurture a relationship with them
Whether you decide to work with macro or micro influencers, make them feel like they mean the world to you, surprise them with gifts, events and send them a thank you note. It will pay off!
- Track results
Make sure you can track the results of each ambassador to identify your best-performing ones and treat them like superstars.
3) What opportunities do you think exist for e-c
The e-commerce industry is growing rapidly and companies nowadays must adapt quickly and react to the changing environment.
There are a few interesting channels that are still underutilized by many e-commerce companies such as:
- Social media subscribers: companies like ManyChat are doing a great job by helping companies to implement a new communication channel with new leads. The open rate of FB messages is much higher than the best performing email campaign.
- Retention focus: Many companies still invest most of their marketing budget into acquisition instead of retention and are therefore leaving money on the table. Email marketing campaigns and customer appreciation campaigns, amongst others, are great ways to increase your retention rate. It was proven that retention has a better impact on sales that acquisition. As the old saying goes: It is easier to retain an existing customer than acquiring a new one.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing in 2019 is still underutilized. “Although brands are increasing their investment in content marketing, it still not being properly implemented and measured.” Content marketing can turn you into a thought leader in your field and have a tremendous long term effect.
- Ambassador Marketing: focus on your employees or customers to recommend your products and incentivize them accordingly.
4) Lastly, tell us about your start-up, Inbassador, and its benefits to business owners.
Inbassador is helping brands around the world to build automated brand ambassador programs that drive sales.
With Inbassador you can turn your employees and customers to brand ambassadors, track their activities and incentivise them automatically.
We are using customer intelligence to incentivize your brand ambassadors according to their reach and engagement on social media. Therefore, you can practice influencer and affiliate marketing all in one central solution.
You can check us out here.
Tamir is a digital marketer at heart. He started as an affiliate marketer more than a decade ago and sold almost everything online from digital products, SaaS to hardware. He opened a growth marketing agency a couple of years ago and worked with the biggest brands in Europe. The agency was recently sold and since then, Tamir is working on his new passion (Inbassador.io), turning existing customers to brand ambassadors and by doing so opening them to the world of affiliate marketing and the brands to a new and lucrative marketing channel.
Adam is a digital marketing entrepreneur with over a decade of experience in the industry. His copywriting has contributed towards building multimillion £/$ e-commerce brands with proven email marketing strategies. Today, Adam is fiercely passionate about helping SMEs optimise their customer value journeys with effective content marketing and scaleable digital strategies at Magnet Monster.